Therapy comes in many forms. Some are medically based and some bring pure enjoyment of the heart. Here are some places that are Autism friendly, that can soothe the sole.
Other Therapeutic Resources
What type of "non medical" therapeutic services are there?
The following information regarding providers and programs in the Omaha Area is not intended to be a complete listing. Milo’s Connection does not endorse any listed provider, group or activity.
- HETRA (Heartland Equeine Therapeutic Riding Academy): Heartland Equine Therapeutic Riding Academy (HETRA) has been serving the community since 1989 with a mission to improve the quality of life both physically and emotionally of adults and children with disabilities through equine assisted activities. Students in the program range in age from 2 to adult with a variety of physical and developmental disabilities. HETRA is a Professional Association of Therapeutic Horsemanship International (PATH Intl) Premier Accredited Center with Occupational, Physical and Mental Health Therapists on staff. Sessions run year round at two facilities with programs in Therapeutic Riding, Hippotherapy, Therapeutic Carriage Driving, Veterans program and a Summer Camp. For more information or to register 402-359-8830 or www.HETRA.org
- ASAP Aquatics Programs: Private swimming lessons for children and adults with special needs – group lessons can be arranged if preferred. Contact 402-895-SWIM.
- Swimtastic Swim School: Teachers are CPR-certified, have completed a comprehensive 30-hour training program and they have years of experience matching kids with just the right classes. Group Classes limited to 4 children in a class. 402-496-SWIM
- Challenger Little League: For children from ages 6 – 21 with disabilities within the Omaha and surrounding areas. Players are paired up with a “Buddy” (a volunteer 10 years or older). Registration is in March. Cost is $50. Contact 402-558-0031 or email@example.com
- TopSoccer: Bellevue – Contact Denise at TOPSOCCERNE@cox.net or 402-593-6653 or visit www.bscneb.org. Millard – Tammy at 4042-895-6187
- Dance and Gymnastics:
- Metro Stars Gymnastics: Owned and operated by an occupational therapist, has classes for children with special needs. Contact 402-505-7600 for more information
- Onstate Dance Theater:Offer Special Needs classes. For more information contact 402-680-4692.
- Omaha Simply Music: Simply Music is a family-oriented program where the parents attend the lessons with their children. Also, all the modalities of learning are used: kinesthetic, visual and auditory. For more information visit